- Login to Google Tag Manager with your Google account.
- Option 1: In Workspace, click on the container’s ID number in the top navigation bar.
Option 2: Navigate to Admin and click Install Google Tag Manager.
- Copy the <head> portion of the code to your clipboard.
- Open a new browser tab, go to your website’s WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance > GP Hooks.
- Paste the <head> portion of the code into the wp_head area.
- Copy the <body> portion of the code to your clipboard.
- Paste the <body> portion of the code into the Before Header area.
- Click Save Hooks.
- In Workspace, click Preview.
- Open a new browser tab and load the website’s home page (reload it, if already loaded). The Google Tag Manager container is successfully installed, if you see the debug pane.
- In Workspace, click Leave Preview Mode and confirm OK to leave.